Web Developer – Front End UI / UX
Job Reference: 15533H
Salary: Â£350 - Â£400 Per Day
Salary per: Zero
Job Duration: 6 months
Job Start Date:
Vacancy Posted: 28-06-2018
Contract Type: Contract
Location: England, Kent
Web Developer – Front End UI / UX
Our client is recruiting for an experienced Web Developer to start immediately for a long term project. You will be primarily responsible for Front-End Web Development and will be someone who is motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming. The key responsibilities will include translation of the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application. You will work with the UI/UX designer and bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works
Contract Length: 3 to 6 months initially with long term extension thereafter
Start – ASAP (Immediate starter ideally)
Location – Kent
Day rates – Market Rates on offer, please state
* Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
* Good understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as SASS
* Develop new user-facing features
* Build reusable code and libraries for future use
* Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs – cross browsers and device compatibility using best RWD principles
* Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
* Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end
* Adhere to security principles defined and best practices and keep up with current threats
* Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
* Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent experience in Web Systems Design
* 3-4 + years strong technical web development experience
* Strong interpersonal, written and verbal
* Web Development Framework experience using MVC Design Pattern
* Strong Unix / Oracle RDBMS experience
* Accessibility and different level of compliance
Other Experience required:
* Asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
* Image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image.
* Familiarity with tools such as Photoshop is a plus.
* Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
* An understanding of code versioning tools, such as GIT , SVN
* Good understanding of Security principles and ensuring that application will adhere to them
Due to the volume of applications received for positions, it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation
We take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information provided to us will be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice, a copy of which can be found on our website http://proactive.it/privacy-notice/
Proactive Appointments Limited take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information you provide to us as part of your application for this vacancy will only be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice. If you have any questions or would like further information please email GDPR@proactive.it.