Wintel Technical Analyst
Job Reference: WINTEL_1502125564
Salary: £450 - £500 per day
Salary per: Day
Job Duration: 6 months +
Job Start Date: ASAP
Vacancy Posted: 07-08-2017
Contract Type: Contract
Location: Birmingham, West Midlands
WINTEL TECHNICAL ANALYST
We are currently in the market for a talented individual with a wealth of experience as a Wintel Technical Analyst. The role itself os for an initial 6 month contract which is highly likely to be extended subject to performance.
The Wintel Technical Analyst is responsible for the technical delivery and support of the clients Wintel (x86) based platforms, including Microsoft server technologies (NT4.0, W2K, W2K3, W2008, W2012 and W2016), Active Directory, VMWare (V5, V5.5, V6 & V6.5) & hardware platforms (including HPe, Cisco UCS, DELL & Nutanix) offering escalated on-call support 24x7x365, meeting operational, project and initiative needs.
Some Key Accountabilities
Provide technical capability, support and maintenance for the customer’s Wintel (x86) based platforms including the delivery and documentation of the following:
- Escalated on-call 24x7x365 support
- Operational, initiative and project based activities
- Technical applications support
- Capacity and availability management
- System level performance management
- Regular travel to the customers sites, unsociable hours & overnight stays where appropriate.
Specific Knowledge & Experience:
- Minimum 5 years previous experience in a similar support/services role, within a large commercial environment.
- VCP 5/VCP6 and MCSE
- Experience of working within a Wintel (MS, SQL, VMware & Linux) systems support environment.
- Experience with SCOM, MacAfee, WSUS, HPe SIM / HPe OneView, Cisco Director
- Can demonstrate ability to take technical ownership of a problem or requirement.
- Understanding of MOF/ITIL/COBIT methodologies and is ideally qualified to ‘foundation’ level or similar.
- Can demonstrate a keen awareness of the key business processes within the industry and how the current systems deliver and support these processes.
Required critical competencies and behaviours:
- Accountable for ensuring that key business relationships are identified, developed and regularly maintained proactively to support business performance and communications
- Strong inter-personal and collaboration skills with the ability to interact at all levels, building and strengthening positive relationships at every touch point
- Ensure processes, procedures and working practices comply with chosen regulatory standards (e.g. ISO9001, ISO27001, NGN224, iL3, PCI/DSS), company policies and best practice (e.g. ITIL, Lean) methodologies
Due to the volume of applications received for positions, it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation.